Squid Ink Gnocchi with Squid and Asparagus (serves 4 people)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 bunch scallions, chopped
1/2 lb asparagus, cut in 2-inch length
2 C baby bella mushrooms, julienned
2 squid, cut into 2-inch length (please see How to Clean Squid)
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 lb squid ink gnocchi (please see Squid Ink Gnocchi)
1) Heat oil in a large pan over high heat.
2) Stir in onions, turn heat to medium-high and cook until translucent.
3) Stir in scallions, asparagus and mushrooms, cook about 6-8 minutes until asparagus is tender but still crunchy.
4) Add squid and cook for 4 minutes or until squid curls up and turns opaque.
5) Add fish sauce and sugar and gnocchi, cook until gnocchi is heated through.
|stir and cook onions, scallions, asparagus, and mushrooms|
|add squid and cook until squid curls up and turns opaque|