|Vietnamese dipping sauce|
|Vietnamese dipping sauce with hot chili peppers|
1/2 C water
Juice from 1 lime
2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp fish sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 hot chili pepper, snipped thinly with scissors (optional)
1 Tbsp shredded carrot (optional)
1 Tbsp shredded daikon (optional)
1) Dissolve sugar in water in a small bowl.
2) Cut the lime in sections, remove the seeds, and squeeze all the juice from them.
3) Add the lime juice to the water and sugar mixture.
3) Add garlic and fish sauce to taste.
4) May add chili pepper, carrot and daikon if desire.
|limes and leaves|
*Everyone has a different preference when making and consuming this sauce. If you prefer to make this sauce sweeter then add more sugar. If you like it more sour then add more lime juice.