Corn-Barley-Coconut Milk Chè (serves 6-8)
4 C water
1/3 C barley
4 large ears of corn, kernels removed
1 C unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 C sugar to taste
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp cornstarch mix in 1 Tbsp water
1) Heat a large pot with water over high heat.
2) When water boils, add the barley and turn heat down to medium, cook for 35 minutes.
3) While the barley is cooking, take 2 cups of corn and puree in a blender.
4) Add the blended corn and the rest of the corn kernels to the pot, cook for 10 more minutes.
5) Add coconut milk, sugar, vanilla and cornstarch mixture, cook for 2-3 minutes.
6) Serve in a glass or bowl.
*If you prefer this chè to be thicker you may double the cornstarch mixture.