My Maine Crab and Avocado Rolls (makes 6 large rolls)
6 large rolls (7-inch long)
2 Tbsp butter
1 ripe Hass avocado, removed seed and diced
Fresh picked crab meat from 12-13 crabs or about 1 1/2 lbs
1 C store bought mayonnaise
10 purple or green shiso leaves, chiffonade
2 tsp fresh squeeze lime juice
1 tsp black pepper
1 pinch of salt
1) Heat a large pan with 1 tablespoon of butter over medium high heat.
2) Place 3 rolls into the pan, toast the outside of the rolls until golden brown and a little crispy.
3) Repeat process for the remaining 3 rolls.
4) In a large bowl, mix the avocado and lime juice together.
5) Add crab meat, mayonnaise, shiso leaves, pepper and salt, mix gently with spoons until blended.
6) Once the rolls are cooled, stuff each rolls with a large portion of the avocado/crab mix.
|mix all ingredients gently with spoons,|
stuff each roll with this delicious mixture
|wrap each roll for a quick picnic later|
(my picnic was on the way home we stopped in Belfast
and ate these rolls by the water watching the boats and birds)
|enjoying delicious food with a great view|
|Maine lobster buoys|