Stir-Fried Cucumbers & Ground Pork (serves 4)
5 large cucumbers (almost 3 lbs), peeled, seeded and sliced in 1/4-inch thick
1/2 lb of lean ground pork
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 scallion bunch, chopped or cut into 1-inch lengths (optional)
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 tsp chicken broth base powder
1/8 tsp of salt
1) Heat oil in a large pan or wok over high heat.
2) Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
3) Add ground pork and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Add cucumbers and cook for 8-10 minutes or until they are cooked but not mushy.
5) Add chicken powder, salt and scallions and cook for 1 minute.
6) Serve with rice.
|peeled, seeded, and sliced cucumbers|
|this is one of the functional art chairs|
made from birch trees
seen on the sidewalk of Belfast, ME,
how creative is that?!