Stir-Fried Water Spinach with Ground Bean Sauce (serves 2-3)
1.5 lb water spinach, cut into 2-inch length, washed and drained
5-6 garlic cloves, smashed with the back of a knife
2 Tbsps ground bean sauce
1 1/2 tsps fish sauce (or according to taste)
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbsps canola oil
1) Heat oil in a large wok or pan over high heat.
2) Turn heat down to medium high and add garlic, sauté for 1 minute.
3) Add the water spinach, may add part at a time before adding more so to fit into your pan, stir and cook for 10-15 minutes.
4) Cover the wok/pan for 1-2 minutes to cook further.
5) Add the bean sauce, sugar, and fish sauce to taste, stir for 1 more minute.
6) Serve with rice.
|breaking the stalk into 2 - inch lengths with my fingers |
or scissors and throwing away the tough part of the plant
|this batch is ready to be washed and drained|
|cook in a large wok or pan|
|the rau muống will wilt to half full when cooked|