Lilikoi and Coconut Crème San Brûlée (makes 4 ramekins)
1 C heavy cream or whipping cream
1/2 C coconut milk
3 Tbsp Lilikoi Syrup
3 Tbsp white sugar
4 large egg yolks
2 tsp coconut milk*, garnish (please see note on bottom)
2 tsp sugar and 2 tsp lilikoi syrup mixture, garnish
1) In a medium size bowl, whisk egg yolks, white sugar and lilikoi syrup until just mixed, set (egg-lilikoi-sugar) aside.
2) Heat a small pan over medium high heat, add cream and coconut milk, turn heat down to a low simmer, stir frequently for 4-5 minutes.
3) Temper the cooked cream into the egg-lilikoi-sugar bowl, one ladle at a time.
4) Set the bamboo steamer in a wok, add 3 cups of water in the wok almost touching the bamboo steamer, place the ramekins on top of the bamboo steamer, and turn heat to high.
5) Pour the tempered mixture into the ramekins.
6) Once the water boils turn heat down to medium, cover and steam the ramekins for 30 minutes.
7) Uncover the wok and let cool completely.
8) Wrap each ramekin with plastic and chill in refrigerator at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
9) Once chilled you can drizzle the coconut milk and sweetened lilikoi syrup on top as a garnish.
|using a wok to steam the creme|
|drizzle sweetened lilikoi syrup |
and coconut milk for garnish
*For the coconut drizzle you can mix 3 T of coconut milk with a small pinch of cornstarch, and heat it to thicken the sauce.