|a simple dinner|
I am not a huge fan of cooked or seared tuna. I prefer to eat my tuna raw. However, this marinaded ahi belly is wonderful seared and dipped in a kaffir lime sauce!
1 lb ahi belly (yellowfin tuna), cut into six pieces 1-1 1/2 inch width
1 1/2 T minced lemongrass (from one stalk)
1 T minced garlic
1/4 t minced or grated ginger
3/4 t fish sauce
1 T mirin (Japanese rice wine)
1/2 t sugar
1 T canola oil
2 lime wedges, garnish
1 bougainvillea flower, garnish
Kaffir Lime Sauce
1) In a zip lock bag mix lemongrass, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, mirin, and sugar together.
2) Add tuna pieces to the mixture and marinade in refrigerator for at least one hour.
3) When ready to cook take the marinaded fish out to room temperature for 5 minutes.
4) Heat a medium size pan with oil over high heat, add 3 tuna pieces and sear each side for about 2 minutes.
5) Serve the tuna pieces with rice and kaffir lime sauce.
|marinaded ahi belly|