What to do with the cooked ginger from Curt's Ginger Tea? Instead of discarding it I dried some of it overnight on baking sheets and refrigerated it in a container. I took it out today and used it in a stir fry. The result is tasty!
Stir-Fried Napa Cabbage, Carrot and Ginger (serves 1-2)
15 large napa cabbage leaves, cut into 1/2 inch width pieces
1 carrot, sliced thinly
1 shallot, sliced thinly
3 garlic cloves, minced or chopped
1 tsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp canola oil
1) Heat a large pan with oil over medium high heat.
2) Add garlic, shallot, and ginger, saute for 1 minute.
3) Add carrot, cook for 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
4) Add cabbage, cook for 6-8 minutes, stir occasionally.
5) Add oyster sauce and fish sauce, cook for 1 more minute.
6) Remove and serve.
*If you do not have left over ginger from making Curt's Ginger Tea then you can use fresh, just use less (julienne about a thumb size amount of fresh ginger). The cooked ginger from the tea had less flavor so you can use more of it.