|spicy tofu scallops and sauteed vegetables|
Spicy Tofu Scallops and Sauteed Vegetables (serves 1)
1 soft tofu tube, cut into 5 pieces (about 1 1/2 inch in height)
1 handful of pea shoots, washed and cut into 4 inch lengths
1 oz enoki mushrooms
1/3 C chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp sesame oil
Chili pepper to taste (optional)
Toasted sesame seeds, garnish (optional)
1) Heat canola oil in a medium size pan over high heat.
2) Add tofu pieces and fry 2-3 minutes on each side.
3) Remove tofu and add onion, garlic and ginger, sauté for 1 minute.
4) Add mushrooms, pea shoots and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5) Add fish sauce and sesame oil and cook for 1 more minute.
6) Arrange tofu on a plate, spread the sautéed vegetable mixture on the plate, sprinkle sesame seeds on top, and add dollops of chili pepper on top to taste.