1-lb organic turkey liver*, remove and discard the sinew, cut the liver into 1-inch pieces
1/2 C finely diced shallot
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/2 C heavy cream
2 Tbsp dry Marsala wine (more if you prefer!)
1 Tbsp canola oil
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground white pepper
1) Heat oil in a medium size pan over high heat.
2) Once the pan is hot add shallot, saute for 1-2 minutes or until the shallot is soft.
3) Add garlic, thyme, and scallions, saute for 1 minute.
4) Add butter and turn heat down to medium, cook for 6-7 minutes.
5) Add Marsala wine and heavy cream and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the liver is cooked through but still tender.
6) Turn off heat, add salt and pepper and stir well.
7) Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
8) Place the contents from the pan into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
9) Scoop out the liver pate and pack it into a small container or 4-5 ramekins, cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
|appetizers using thicker pieces|
of toasted baguettes
|grape tomato halves, radish greens, pate on toasted baguette|
|these bite size appetizers are inspired by the |
Vietnamese sandwiches called "bánh mì"
(these have a spread of benecol light margarine,
chipotle mayo, turkey pate, thin slices of pancetta,
pickled carrots, and daikon greens or cilantro)
|more bite size appetizers|
(not just pretty to look at but tasty!)
|you can make all sorts of appetizers with the pate|
-just let your imagination go wild!
*The turkey liver came from Partridge Farm located at 583 County Road, North Haverhill, NH 03774. You may contact Bruce and Mary Jones at (603) 989-5589. They drove over 120 miles to attend the farmers market and provide us with their wonderful and flavorful produce! Their website is www.partridgefarmnh.com. They have organic pork, lamb, chicken, turkey, duck and goose. Farm visits are welcome! Please visit www.seacoasteatlocal.com for the NH Winter Farmers' Market schedule and locations. Bruce and Mary will be in Exeter and Rollinsford with their produce. Thank you Bruce and Mary for the wonderful and delicious liver!!