Normally I make this dish using bread crumbs. However, today I used (Fry Krisp) Cajun Fish Fry for this dish since I still have some left over.
Breaded Chicken (serves 2-3)
1-lb of thin slices of chicken
2 Tbsp milk
1 Cup Cajun Fish Fry
2-3 Tbsp canola
1) Put Cajun Fish Fry flour on a clean plate.
2) In a small bowl whisk egg and milk together.
3) Wash and dry the chicken pieces using paper towels. Take one piece and place it in a plastic bag or between a plastic wrap, use a meat tenderizer and pound the pieces as thinly as you can. Repeat the process for the rest of the chicken pieces.
4) Heat a medium size non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon oil over high heat.
4) Take a chicken piece and dip it in egg/milk mixture. Let the egg/milk drip off and then place in the flour plate. Coat well, shake off excess flour and put it in the hot pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Once done remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest on sheets of paper towel.
5) Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken pieces. Add more oil to the pan as needed. Do not overcrowd the chicken pieces in the pan.
6) Serve with a drizzle of lemon juice.
|snow-shoeing in the back of our home after the blizzard|
(thank you Andy and co. for the snow shoes!!)