Recently I purchased 30 pounds of New Hampshire wild caught shrimp. I spent hours peeling the shrimp, portioned some in to zip-lock bags, and vacuum sealed some for longer term storage. This afternoon I took a zip lock bag out and thawed it in a cold water bath while my husband and I went outside to dig out our vehicles from the blizzard. We had at least three feet of snow. Together with our neighbors we dug out 7 vehicles. Now that's what I call great neighbors and amazing teamwork!!
Stir-Fried Broccoli and Shrimp (serves 2 as part of a shared meal)
1 head of fresh broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 lb of shrimp, shells removed
2 large garlic cloves, smashed, peeled and chopped
1 tsp grated ginger (optional)
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
A pinch of sugar
A pinch of white pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
1) Heat oil in a medium size pan or wok over medium high heat.
2) Add garlic and ginger, sauté for 1 minute.
3) Stir in broccoli and cover pan or wok for 3-4 minutes to cook, uncover and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
4) Stir in shrimp, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp is cooked.
5) Sprinkle white pepper on top before serving.
(about 3 feet of snow in seacoast, NH, blizzard 2013)
|my car is in the middle with the wipers sticking out|
|here is a hint of my car--all covered in snow!|
|after lots of digging my car is finally free!!|