Saturday, May 11, 2013
Razor Clams in Black Bean and Ginger Sauce (serves 2)
This dish does not look so great but it is mighty tasty. I love the taste of ginger and it adds a little bite to this dish. You can certainly use less ginger.
12 razor clams (about 1 3/4 lbs), scrubed and washed well in cold water
1 1/2 oz finely julienned ginger
3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp black bean garlic sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine)
1) Heat oil in a large cast iron pan over medium heat.
2) Add ginger and garlic, sauté for 1 minute.
3) Stir in the bean sauce, sugar and mirin until all ingredients are mixed well.
4) Add the razor clams. Stir and lower the heat to medium low. Cover the pot for about 5-6 minutes.
5) Uncover and stir the clams. Cook for another 4 minutes.
6) Remove the clams onto a serving platter. Cook and reduce the sauce down, about 5 more minutes.
7) Drizzle some of the thickened sauce onto the clams. Serve hot with rice.