1 lb or about 3 fresh king mushrooms, trimmed and sliced into 1/8th-inch slices
1/2 lb fresh oyster mushrooms, trimmed and sliced in half
1/2 lb fresh shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and sliced each mushroom into 4
1/4 C to 1/2 C of pork, chicken or vegetable broth (depending on how much liquid you want for this dish)
1 cilantro, chopped (about 1/2 C)
1 scallion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, smashed and minced
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil or canola oil
1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp of fish sauce (or to your taste)
1/2 tsp sugar
1) Heat oil in a large wok or pan over medium high heat.
2) Once the pan is hot add garlic, saute for about a minute.
3) Add mushrooms and broth, stir a few times, cover the wok or pan for about 7 minutes.
4) Uncover the wok or pan, add scallions, cilantro, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar.
6) Continue to stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
*Trim each mushroom by removing and discarding the tough part of the stem. If you want to make this dish even more special you can add some of Ah Ma's Shrimp Balls to this recipe, you can add them under step 4.
Boston Esplanade, 2013
(ghost of people can be seen on the path, 2013)