|stir-fried soybean sprouts|
Stir-Fried Soybean Sprouts (serves 2 as part of a shared meal)
1 1/2 Tbsps oil (any kind you have available and prefer)
1 bunch scallions, washed, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch lengths
3 large garlic cloves, smashed, peeled, and chopped or sliced
1 tsp grated ginger
12-oz soybean sprouts, washed and drained
2 Tbsps oyster sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1/8 tsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch mix with 1 tsp cold water (thickening agent)
1 tsp sesame oil
1) Heat oil in a wok or large pan over high heat.
2) Once the pan is hot, add scallions, garlic and ginger. Saute about a minute, avoid burning the garlic.
3) Add sprouts and give it a few tosses.
4) Stir in oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Toss the contents a few times and let it cook about 2 minutes.
5) Add thickening agent, give it a few tosses. Turn off heat.
6) Add sesame oil and give a few tosses or stirs to mix everything together.