Wild boar backstrap is very tender and delicious. There are specialty stores in the Mainland that sell the meat but I got mine from my secret hunter on Maui. Thank you T for the tasty meat!
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp Tropical Seasoning
1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
1/2 Maui onion, sliced
2 lbs wild boar backstrap, sliced (may use pork)
1 Tbsp fish sauce (more or less according to your taste)
A large pinch of sugar
Freshly ground black or white pepper
1) Heat a medium size pot or pan over medium high heat.
2) Add oil once the pot or pan is hot.
3) Once the oil is heated add tropical seasoning, garlic, and onion. Saute for about 2-3 minutes or until the onion is translucent. May reduce heat slightly if the pot or pan gets too hot.
4) Add meat and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until meat is just cooked.
5) Add fish sauce, sugar and pepper. Saute for another 2-3 minutes or until the meat is completely cooked.
|paddling in the deep blue sea|