|pork liver pate|
Pork Liver Pate (makes 2 small bowls)
3 Tbsp butter or oil
3 Tbsp chopped shallot
3 Tbsp chopped scallion
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
10 oz pork liver, cubed
3-4 oz pork, cubed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp ground pepper
2 Tbsp good cognac
1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk
1) Heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot add butter, shallot, scallion, garlic, and ginger. Saute for about a minute. Avoid burning the garlic.
2) Add liver and pork. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the liver and meat are just cooked.
3) Season with salt, sugar, pepper, cognac and cream. Saute for about 2-3 minutes until everything are well blended and the liver and pork are completely cooked.
4) Once the contents cool down then put everything in a meat grinder and grind until smooth.
4) Pack the pate into a container or bowl and smooth out the top. Seal tightly and keep refrigerated for up to a week.
*As always you may adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
|this pork liver pate makes a great spread in banh mi (Vietnamese sandwich)|