Duck Egg and Pork Omelet
Teochew Preserved Turnip Omelet
Turkey and Chives Teochew Omelet (serves 2)
4 jumbo sized chicken eggs
1 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp brown sugar
A large pinch of ground black or white pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp oil
4 oz ground turkey
2 oz Chinese chives, chopped
1) In a medium sized bowl whisk gently eggs, fish sauce, sugar and pepper until everything is blended. Set aside.
2) Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium high heat.
3) Add turkey once the oil is hot. Saute about a minute or two until the turkey is somewhat cooked.
4) Add chives and saute about a minute.
5) Use a spatula to spread the contents in the pan evenly inside.
6) Pour the egg mixture evenly all over the pan. Tilt the pan if needed to get the mixture to spread evenly.
7) Cover the pan partially. Turn heat down a little if the pan gets too hot. Once the egg is cooked partially either flip the whole omelet over, fold into half, thirds or quarters whichever you prefer. Remove from heat once the omelet is cooked through. If you want multiple omelets just divide the contents.
|eggs, turkey, Chinese chives|
|gift from Miho|