Seasoned Sauce for Steaming
2 tsp broth base and seasoning (chicken flavored)
2 tsp water
2 tsp mirin (rice wine)
1 tsp soy sauce
A pinch of sugar
Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
|ready for steaming|
1 small bundle of green bean thread (about 1.5 oz), soaked in water for 15-20 minutes to soften, drained
4 scallop shells or plates that can handle steaming
8-12 large whole scallops, tough muscles and grits removed, washed
1 green scallion blade, cut into 2 inch lengths, julienned
1 green scallion blade, chopped
About 4 thin slices of ginger, julienned
1 portion of the Seasoned Sauce for Steaming (see recipe above)
1) Divide the bean thread into 4 equal portions and place each portion onto the shell or dish.
2) Add 2-3 scallops on top of the bean thread.
3) Top with julienned and chopped scallions and ginger.
4) Drizzle the sauce over each shell or plate.
5) Steam over medium high heat for about 5-7 minutes or until the scallops are just cooked.