Sweet Dumpling Squash Soup (makes about 18 cups)
4 sweet dumpling squash, washed, sliced into 2-3 inch widths
64 oz of chicken stock (low sodium, low fat)
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Place the squash slices in roasting pans in a single layer and into the preheated oven.
3) Bake for 30-40 minutes until the flesh is soft. Remove and let it slightly cool before handling.
4) Remove the flesh.
5) Puree part of the flesh with a few cups of stock at a time. Work in batches until complete.
6) Cook the puree flesh and stock in a large pot over medium high heat for about 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
|photo taken in Exeter, NH (2015)|