Stir-Fried Cabbage, Tomato and Ground Pork (serves 4-5 as part of shared meal)
1 Tbsp oil
5 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
1.5 lbs ground pork
1 medium sized cabbage (I used 3.5 lbs), cut into 1 inch wedges
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 1/2-2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp Broth Base & Seasoning (non-MSG chicken flavored powder)
A pinch of sugar or about 1/4 tsp
5 Roma tomatoes (about 1.4 lbs), cut in quarters and seeded
A few sprigs of cilantro, chopped
1) Heat a large pot over high heat. Once the pot is hot add oil.
2) Add garlic, saute for about 30 seconds. Add pork and cook for about 2 minutes, break the meat into bits.
3) Add cabbage. Cook until the cabbage for about 10 minutes or until it is wilted. Stir the pot occasionally.
4) Season with oyster sauce, fish sauce, chicken powder, and sugar. Stir the pot well.
5) Add the tomatoes and cook about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes depending on your preference. Stir the pot. Turn off heat and add cilantro.
*Sometimes I like to add scallions, green parts cut into 1-inch lengths to this dish. You can add them towards the last few minutes of cooking.
|prepared cabbage and tomatoes|