|sauteed vegetables in bone marrow|
Recently I served this Sauteed Vegetables in Bone Marrow with Stuffed Squid--my style and Home-Made Squid Ink Pasta. Tasty!!
Sauteed Vegetables in Bone Marrow (serves 4-5)
1 beef marrow (6 1/2 inch long), boiled for about 15 minutes, marrow removed and saved
1 large garlic cloves, smashed and minced
1/2 onion, cut into wedges
1 bunch asparagus (a little over a pound), prepared and cut into 2 inch lengths
6 oz baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2 tomatoes, seeded, diced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup clam broth (preferably home-made, unsalted), plus more if you want this dish to have more sauce
1 Tbsp cornstarch and 1 1/2 Tbsp cold water mixture (to thicken the sauce)
1/2 cup chopped (flat) parsley leaves
1) Gently boil the bone marrow with just enough water to cover the bone for about 15 minutes. Scoop out the marrow and reserve in a large pan.
2) Heat a large pan with marrow over medium high heat.
3) Once the pan is hot add garlic and onion. Saute about a minute.
4) Add asparagus and saute about a minute.
5) Add mushrooms and saute about 2-3 minutes or until the asparagus is just cooked.
6) Add tomatoes, salt, clam broth and cornstarch mixture. Saute about 1-2 minutes.
7) Remove pan from heat and add parsley leaves.