|Chicken and Shrimp in Oyster Ginger Sauce|
You can make this using just shrimp or chicken without mixing the two. You may substitute chicken with pork if interested. Recently my mother gave me a similar dish but she used pork riblets and it was delicious. Below are a few similar posts.
Ginger Braised Pork Spare Ribs
Sauteed Frog Legs in Ginger and Garlic Oyster Sauce
Sauteed Shrimp, Shiitake Mushrooms and Ginger
Also, if you like the Grateful Dead then you will surely enjoy this amazing tribute band known as DeadBeat. Joannie's husband Brian is in this band. The last few times we saw the band played both in New Hampshire and Massachusetts venues Brian was the lead singer. You may check out their website and listen to a few songs they have posted on-line. And if you are interested in writing any fan letters you can contact them on-line!! Thank you Brian and your band for entertaining us!!
|DeadBeat at Stone Church in Newmarket, New Hampshire (2014)|
2 Tbsp oil (canola, vegetables or use what you have available)
1 small yellow or white onion, peeled, cut into wedges
About 2-oz ginger, peeled, a mixture of both grated and julienned
3 fresh or dry chili peppers (keep whole if you want less heat)
About 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, removed as much of the fat as possible, cut into bite size
About 1/2 pound shrimp, butterflied, de-veined (by removing the dark intestines)
2 large garlic cloves, peeled, grated
3 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 bunch of scallions, green parts only, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
Freshly ground black or white pepper
1) Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add onion, julienned ginger, and chili. Saute for about 1-2 minutes or until the onion is soft.
2) Add chicken. Saute about 3 minutes or until the chicken is somewhat cooked.
3) Add Shrimp, garlic and grated ginger. Saute about a minute.
4) Season with oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Saute about another 3 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked.
5) Turn off heat and add the scallions. Stir for about 30 seconds to mix all ingredients together.
6) Garnish with freshly ground peppers and more chopped scallions if interested.
|ingredients with hand grater|
*If you want to make the sauce thicker then make a mixture using a little cornstarch and a little water and pour this in the pan about 1 minute before done.