|Simple Sauteed Gnocchi|
Simple Sauteed Gnocchi (serves 2)
1 Tbsp olive oil, plus a few more drizzles
1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
About 1 Tbsp chopped scallion
5-6 thin slices of salami, stack and cut into strips
1-lb Home-Made Herb Speck Gnocchi
A pinch of salt
Parmigiano reggiano, sliced or grated (garnish)
Dried or fresh chopped curly leaf parsley (garnish)
1) Heat a non-stick pan over high heat. Once the pan is hot add oil.
2) Add shallot, garlic and scallions. Saute for about 30 seconds to a minute.
3) Add salami and cook for about a minute.
4) Add the gnocchi and season with salt if needed. Give the contents a few tosses. Remove from heat after about a minute.
5) Divide contents into 2 plates. Add sliced or grated parmigiano reggiano cheese and sprinkle the parsley on top. May add a few drizzles of olive oil on top if interested.
*If you are using dried parsley then you can crumble some with your palms before adding to the food. I never can use up the fresh parsley so I always dry them in the kitchen to use later.
*You can also use prosciutto instead of salami. The meat and cheese have lots of salt so you may not need to add any additional salt to your dish.