Best Electric Smokers Reviews For Your Best Barbecue Party
Are you looking for the best electric smokers to cook your favorite barbecue recipes? If so, then look no further.
We have compiled a list of what we believe are the top 10 best electric smokers on the market today.
This buying guide will provide you with detailed information regarding each product and help you make an informed decision when it comes time to purchase one.
Let’s get started!
Top 10 Best Electric Smokers with Detailed Reviews for Each
#1 – Masterbuilt MB20071117 30-inch – Best Overall
Meet the all-around, versatile smoker in the list of best electric smokers to buy you’ve been waiting for. Whether it’s two turkeys, three racks of ribs or four pork butts, the Masterbuilt MB20071117 Electric Smoker has enough room to work with. And don’t think that portability is sacrificed for functionality!
This smoker boasts a fully insulated body which helps retain heat–so your smoking experience will be consistent no matter where you are.
Other features include an electric panel control with built in chip loading system perfect for wood chips without opening door and digital timer & temperature gauge to make sure everything cooks just right on time!
The MASTERBUILT MB20071117 30″, is powerful and efficient. This unit holds enough food for Thanksgiving dinner and more! A patented side loading system allows you to add chips without opening the door.
The smoker’s thermostat temperature control can maintain an even temperature and delivers consistent smoking results with no hot spots; we’ll talk turkey in no time.
This electric smoker has a patented side wood chip loading system so you can add your favorite woods without opening the door which greatly reduces flare-ups and moisture loss, professional digital panel controls for cooking time, temperature control, even if it’s perfect for beginners. There are reports of this electric smoker lasting up to 15 years!
- Digital control is a way to adjust cooking temperature and time
- A thermostat control system is used to regulate the temperature of smoking.
- The patented wood chip loading system lets you add more chips without opening the smoker door.
- 4 smocking racks
- The smoker has a few minor adjustments that are easily made to make it work better.
- The MB20071117 is a new style smoker that only requires you to add the wood and some seasoning.
- This smoker is good for large items with a big capacity.
- The wood chip replacement slot is genius, although it can be hard to insert if overfilled.
- The smoker is worth the investment because it saves you on propane and charcoal.
- The rib and chicken turned out well, but it took too long to cook the pulled pork.
- The smoker is easy to use and the food turns out great.
- The only issue is that a full rack of ribs won’t fit on the smoker.
- The chips in the smoker will not always smoke when it is well insulated, but there are ways to fix that.
#2 – Bradley Smoker BTDS76P 990216 – Best Positive Customer-Rated & Editor’s Choice
With a height of 31 inches, this outdoor barbecue smoker with full digital control for time and smoke from Bradley is the perfect size for creating gourmet food in your own backyard. Comes fully assembled and measures 17 by 14 by 24 inches when the attached generator is in place.
Backed by a manufacturer’s 15 year warranty, it features a stainless steel interior, an easy to clean powder epoxy steel construction and provides 8 hours of controllable cool smoking up to 320 degrees F.
Hook it up to a generator for steady power or connect an outdoor receptacle inline between your main household breaker box and grill.
You can cook any type of meat, chicken, pork or fish that you want on the 4 cooking racks outfitted onto this smoker – all because of its 675 square inches of cooking space.
This smoker will allow you to grill your favorite foods in style. No more guessing how long or at what temperature to cook for that well-done, juicy roast beef.
This unit features an easy digital control panel with pre-programmed settings and a time clock so you never have to worry about burning food on the grill again!
Bradley Deluxe Smoker BTDS76P 990216 has a built-in generator – just plug it in and heat anywhere, anytime!
A big plus is the four racks on this item so you can prepare 4 different meats at once without worrying about running out of room.
With 17 inches deep, 14 inches wide by 31 inches high, this baby is sure not only look good – but work as hard as you do and be honor in the Runner-up place for best electric smokers.
What I like
- This smoker is great for beginners because it has a digital control panel that makes it easier to use.
- The Bradley Smoker can run off of both gas and electricity, which saves you money on fuel.
- There are lots of features that make the machine easier to use. The documentation doesn’t exactly give enough information about how to use some of them.
- The fantastic thing about this smoker is its power supply comes with the generator right in the unit itself so there’s not need to buy additional cords or anything extra.
- It also has an adjustable temperature between 80-275 degrees F by using the included analog dial. And don’t worry about the cleanup – this durable steel provides easy cleaning
- Easy to use, even for beginners.
- The smoker is fully assembled and you can start smoking in minutes without having to do anything yourself- however it does require assembly to the generator unit.
- It features an automatic smoke generator and a built in temperature control.
- The smoker was an absolutely great purchase in overall, just some minor annoyances.
- It’s easy to use but wishing the door seal was replaced more often.
- The temperature indication of the oven has started to drift from actual, which may be due to a smoker unit malfunction.
#3 – Cuisinart COS-330 30-inch – Best Ease Of Usage
The Cuisinart COS-330 is a smoker that can handle large cuts of meat, with three rack guides to help create space for ham or other types of pork.
It has 548 square inches of space inside, so there’s plenty of room to smoke vegetables or fish alongside the other items- perfect for when you want the full barbecue experience. The size also fits well on patios where your guests will have enough room to eat while socializing around it.
With vertical fixtures that are ideal for small spaces, this unit won’t crowd your patio around it will allow all five thousand square feet in which you can host up to 30 people that’s why we put it in list of best electric smokers for you to buy today.
Stainless steel racks make for easy cleanup and dishwasher compatibility allows you get back outside quickly after you’re done.
The Cuisinart electric smoker with a built-in thermometer will help you grill up some delicious meats without the need for hours of tending to it manually.
The 1500 watt heating coil provides full control, while the stainless steel trays allow for easy clean-up. Plus, the professional convection cooking system makes sure that your food never gets dried out, crispy or dry again!
What I like
- COS-330 30-inch has two adjustable dampers which perfectly control heat distribution from zero degrees Fahrenheit up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit suitable for all types of weather conditions.
- This smoker is perfect for outdoor cooking and smoking meat – not only because of its size, but you can add charcoal easily to it when grilling your favorite food item due to the adjustable dampers on each side.
- The racks are easy to remove it’s a convenient feature of the smoker so you can get them out for cleaning or replace with new ones if needed without having to stress over this unit.
- In addition, there is a built-in temperature gauge that gives user more while cooking. With the use of the built-in thermometer, you will always know that it is running at a proper temperature to give the best results every time.
- The integrated chip loader allows for easy wood chip additions without making a mess of your patio after use – which is a great thing as well.
- This smoker does take some getting used to but once you figure out how to regulate it hot and cold smoking this unit should not be an issue.
- Fast delivery and well packed.
- Well-built, excellent performer
- Great customer service.
- Cuisinart is not a common name for smokers, but their smoker was still very intriguing.
- Traditionalists may not like using a propane smoker, but it is easier and more convenient than other smokers.
- A Cuisinart smoker has great build quality and is easy to assemble.
- The smoker is sturdy and well-packaged.
- The smoker has an inaccurate temperature gauge and the wood/water tray does not work properly
- It leaks a lot of heat, but with the addition of some custom gaskets it should be able to work in colder climates.
- The smoker is very good quality, easy to use and has no issues other than the trays.
#4 – Char-Broil 19202101 725 Square Inch – Best Value for Money
Introducing the world’s best outdoor electric smoker, the Char-Broil Deluxe Black Digital Electric Smoker. With a professional-grade stainless steel exterior and double wall insulation, the Char-Broil 16002101 is sure to please.
With a smoke control panel with easy read blue LED display and a large 725 square inches of cooking space your next smoking experience will be spectacular. If you want something that you can throw in the backyard without fear of rain or other weather problems then this is it!
This product includes an insulated corded electric smoker for those who prefer to plug it in rather than dealing with heavy standalones such as BBQs or chargrills. On top of all that it’s corded electric, remote control not included (Only with deluxe stainless steel model).
Delivers the same high-quality results as a pricey custom oak barrel smoker while taking up much less real estate and producing little, if any fumes. The double-wall insulation on this model blocks out wind and prevents fire from spreading to your surroundings outdoors or even your house!
This model also features an easy read LED screen for ultimate control over cooking temps. Want to know how long it will take at 250 degrees? Just enter “250” in the digital keypad and press Enter: you’ll get both hours and minutes displayed on one of two clear LCD screens.
When time is running low, there’s no need to stop what you’re doing: close-off vents with just a turn of a dial so smoke doesn’t billow into the air.
- Priced well, easy to assemble and maintain.
- The smoker is durable and has a strong, thick exterior.
- Customer service was helpful in providing information.
- This product comes with a variety of accessories that make it more versatile than other models on the market today.
- All-in-all this is a great product for those who don’t want or need bells and whistles but still want something that works well for smoking meat/fish/veggies etc..
- This product is easy to use, maintain temperature well and clean up.
- The blue LED digital display is hard to read in direct sunlight.
- The oven is running 10-25 degrees hotter than the desired temperature setting
- You will need a heavy duty extension cord
#5 – Royal Gourmet SE2801 – Best Ease of Usage
The Royal Gourmet SE2801 with Adjustable Temperature Control has a spacious cooking surface that accommodates three chrome-coated smoking racks and tons of space to cook up seafood, beef brisket, pork ribs or whatever else fills your appetite.
If you want to find an analog best electric smokers for your next barbecue season, this is the one you can’t miss.
This analog electric smoker is 1500-watt heating power means it can be adjusted from 165° to 450° Fahrenheit for just the right temperature. That said, this product also boasts a removable digital controller and an integrated thermometer so you always know what’s going on inside.
Of course, this smoker would not be complete without a grease management system which includes a stainless steel water pan for moisture control during searing and a separate chip box with a lid to keep them from spilling all over your deck or patio.
You’ll be ready to achieve all of your smoking needs with this savory electric smoker! With the built-in temperature control, you can experiment with smoked barbecue, firewood grilling, steaming, drying and whatever else like an expert.
The seals keep the heat in and cool-touch handles make transportation safe for anyone nearby. You won’t regret getting this flavorful cooking machine.
From smoked barbecue to steamed vegetables, this electric smoker can do it all. The latch system ensures a good seal performance that keeps heat in the box, ensuring you always get beautifully cooked food with plenty of flavor without drying out your goods.
With double-wall construction and great insulation, this smoker will maintain smoking temperatures so you can stay on top of your game!
- This smoker is easy to use, produces moist meat and crispy outside.
- It is a high end BBQ that can also be used as an oven and stove during the winter.
- The smoker has worked perfectly every time, and the temperature is accurate.
- This is a great unit that has a window to see what you’re cooking and doesn’t get too hot
- Well built and easy to use.
- This smoker is perfect for a couple or family of 3-4 people.
- SE2801 does a good job, but it needs more heat to cook meat.
- The wood chips in the smoker would be more convenient if they were easier to fill.
- The smoker works well, but difficult to clean
#6 – Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Electric Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker – Best Grill & Smoker Combo
Bring the convenience of a pellet grill indoors. This new grilling innovation from Traeger has it all: big, easy to use features that just work with a quality build and great taste
The Pro Series 22 not only includes outstanding heat control for superior cooking performance but is designed with modern upgrades like an LED digital display and drip tray which will make prepping your dinner easier than ever before.
And engineered specifically to be fuel efficient, you can lose hours of charcoal starting time by using this great machine. Also find an extra table-top surface on the bottom rack guaranteeing more space for side dishes or barbecued meats
Come set up inside! The Pro Series aims to generate no smoke upon ignition allowing you the enjoyment of a full-flavored meal with real wood smoke at the convenience of indoors. The Pro Series makes use of a digital temperature control system to get the job done right every time.
In addition, this pellet grill provides an easy-to-use ash cleanout system making it hassle free for home users and professionals alike.
You’ll love being able to walk in from outdoors and have a great meal ready to eat without having to wait too long! With a professional quality build and over 300 square inches of cooking surface there’s more than enough room for you or your family to enjoy a delicious dinner.
And if that weren’t enough, this excellent machine is engineered so well that it will never rust or become outdated no matter how much you use it.
The Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Electric Wood Pellet Grill and Smoke offers the ability to achieve excellent wood-fired style barbecue tastes without using gas or charcoal.
The precision temperature control gives you a range from hot and fast cooking to low-and-slow smoking, making it easy to cook multiple dishes at once with this versatile grill.
With a maximum temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit, your food will always come out juicy and delicious! With this model, not only we bring you the best electric smokers option, it’s also a perfect grill smoker combo that will bring you the most fun BBQ party.
- Traeger Grills are fueled by 100% all-natural hardwood pellets that infuse amazing flavor into your food.
- Traegers are a multi-purpose cooking device that can be used for grilling, smoking, baking, roasting and BBQ.
- Traeger makes BBQs easy with consistent, manageable heat
- The dual meat probes let you monitor multiple cuts of meat without needing to lift the lid.
- The grill is easy to assemble, built very heavy and strong, and was easy to use.
- This smoker is my favorite because it holds the temperature very well and cooks almost anything.
- The new Traeger Jr. is smaller than the original, but has many added features that make it easier to use and maintain.
- It is very easy to use and has a temperature control that makes amazing results.
- The smoker is accurate with temperatures, cooks meat quickly and solidly
- One problem is that the screws are not removable, but otherwise it seems to be a good grill.
#7 – Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D 30″ – Perfect Option for Beginners (đổi lên top 4)
The 30″ Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D Digital Electric Smoker is your all in one, versatile outdoor cooking machine. With four chrome plated steel cooking grates boasting 732 square inches of cooking space, you’ll have the room required to make delicious BBQ year round.
The 800 watt radiant burner will cook your food quickly and evenly – even when winter’s coldest days are lingering outside.
They’ve incorporated their patented side access wood chip loader which eliminates smoke and heat loss when more chips are needed to ensure succulent pulled pork or succulent smoked brisket at every meal!
Its high temperature insulated firebox with double wall construction seals in heat so you don’t have to wait long for perfectly smoked ribs, baby back ribs, wild boar ribs and so much more!
High quality construction materials combined with a sleek modern approach to BBQ have given this smoker a top of the line appearance. But enough talk – let’s see how it works in real life!
With Dyna-Glo’s advanced technology, even novice users will get start making great barbecue straight away. The digital controller gives you total control over your cooking temperatures from 150 degrees Fahrenheit up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Now that’s an extremely useful feature for an electric smoker . With a thermometer on each door you’ll always know what’s going on inside while it cooks.
And speaking of features, the user friendly digital display allows you to easily adjust how hot or cold you want your smoker without having to get up from your seat so with! So if you are looking for the best electric smokers with the most advanced digital control technology in 2022, this is the optimal choice.
Because of the patented design, you can maintain healthy cooking temperatures without experiencing moisture loss in your woodchip loading system.
Whether you’re looking for high volume cooking or introducing new flavors to your smoker, it’s easy with our side access loader which eliminates smoke and heat losses when more wood chips are needed.
The insulated double-wall firebox retains warmth during long cooked sessions – so enjoy your backyard BBQ without having to worry about the next storm rolling in! With a removable tray for grease and liquids, clean up is as simple as an hours worth of soaking time after dinner has been served.
Heavy ceramic wire insulation maintains consistent temperature throughout interior surface red hot recessed indirect charcoal delivers consistent indirect cooking space offers large capacity smoking on one side cool touch exterior ensures
- Cook meats low and slow to get a classic smokehouse flavor.
- The included temperature control system will allow you to easily cook your food without having to worry about adjusting the temperature.
- This model is perfect for beginners and seasoned veterans alike.
- Smokehouse taste BBQs has never been easier with this smoker. It offers precise control over temperature and exceptional cooking performance.
- You can smoke ribs, brisket, chicken and more in a matter of hours time without losing any flavor or juices.
- The digital controller is accurate to within 5 degrees Fahrenheit to keep the desired temperature constant throughout the cooking process.
It is easy to assemble and use, a nice-looking item that cooks meat overall very well.
The racks hold plenty of food for a big family gathering which makes it great for large events as well as day to day usage.
This electric smoker comes with several accessories that make setup super simple and allow you to start cooking quickly without a lot of hassle.
It is powerful and efficient, cooks evenly for great tasting food every time, has a large amount of internal space to hold plenty of meat so you can feed a crowd or keep some leftovers.
The smoker comes with a drip pan and water bowl that makes cleanup even easier than it already is – no oven-cleaning required.
- The smoker seems to work well, but the amount of wood chips is small.
- The heat element drooped 1/4” after running for two hours which resulted in too little smoke, but was able to bend it back up with pliers.
- While its cooking lights are bright enough for night usage, it does not come with an attached light which might decrease its overall value as an item in the eyes of some consumers.
#8 – Bradley Smoker BS611
Bradley has come out with an amazing product, the Bradley 611 Electric Smoker, that is designed to be sturdy and accurate. The stainless steel interior will not rust or discolor with repeated use, while rack supports will ensure that racks don’t tip over when pulled out.
Eliminate moisture damage in the switch by moving the heat control to the smoke generator. The Bradley Electric Smoker is easy to use, which makes this an excellent best electric smokers choice for beginners.
Once you’re done cooking, dishes are easily removable with its aluminum construction and stainless steel interior.
It might not be gas fired but your food will have that authentic flavor of barbecue fare without any messy residue or odor interfering. Inside dimensions are 19 inches above drip location for hot pan or steam dish prepping.
This fully electric smoker offers even heat distribution for exquisite, flavorful meat along with easier-to-use features to help you navigate your cooking game. Never again will cooking be so daunting! Comes in black and stainless steel options so you can find the color that best matches your kitchen.
- No wood refelling for up to 9 hours
- 4 dish washer safe racks
- Electric powered
- No ash, pure smoke with bradley bisquettes
- The customer service was easy to get in contact with, they were friendly and quickly fixed the issue.
- BS611 offer a durable and long-lasting smoker that can produce delicious food for many years.
- The smoker is easily used and does not require a lot of adjusting.
- This BS611 is world-class, using the unique CleanSmoke Technology to create the purest smoke possible.
- The Bradley smoker is a convenient way to smoke your food without babysitting it.
- A smoker is an electric grill that, if covered, will keep it safe even in rain and snow.
- The smoker is good for brisket, ribs, and pork loin.
- This Bradley model is a reliable device that can be used in cold weather and still produce tasty food.
- The smoker is a set and forget smoker but has some major flaws.
- The connector from the smoker to the main heating unit is designed poorly, but easily fixed
- This smoker is convenient for maintaining a smoke without feeding it constantly, but does not regulate the temperature well so if you are looking for total control
#9 – Smoke Hollow 30162E 30-Inch
The Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow 30162E is a perfect smoker for your meat, vegetables and more. It has 2 cooking grids to cook different food at the same time.
There are 3 temperature settings with LED control panel so you can keep an eye on what’s happening inside without opening the door which would let all of that flavorful smoke escape!
The large internal water and wood chips box makes watering and replenishing easy and there’s even a place in the side of the smoker box with magnetic latch to store extra wood chips when you’re not cooking. Easy assembly with instructions included – this 30-inch electric smoker will be ready in no time!
This electric smoker by Masterbuilt is perfect for outdoor cooking on your deck or patio. It’s great for entertaining, too, because it has two cooking grids that can be arranged to offer three temperature settings, magnetic door-latching system to keep the doors closed securely during operation.
Don’t worry about easy assembly; instructions are included with your purchase!
- This smoker has been worth its price because it is easy to use and cooks food well.
- The model cooks meat very well and is easy to use, but it needs space.
- This Smoke Hollow is fairly cheap and doesn’t need a thermometer to use
- Smoking so well for the following things using this smoker: chicken, salmon, boston butt and ribs.
- This smoker is great for cooking briskets, chicken, salmon and corn on the cob.
- The smoker is a great buy for its cheap price
- This is a good electric smoker for the price, but it does not have all of the features that some higher priced models have.
- The biggest problem with this smoker is it will leak grease, so use something like aluminum to catch the drippings.
- The door is not sealed completely, but this does not matter because the smoke has to escape somehow.
#10 – Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker
Finally! A one-of-a-kind electric smoker that is durable, reliable and operates without fuss.
The Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker allows smokers of all levels to enjoy the benefits of slow cooking barbecue.
It’s easy to use features have been crafted with simplicity in mind, making it possible for beginners as well as chefs at high volume restaurants who desire a dependable option for smoking meats without having the costs associated other options on the market.
Get perfectly smoked food every time with 3 simple steps: Prep Your Meat, Load It, and Turn it ON! With 8 pounds of internal space you’ll be able to smoke enough meat for an entire feast or just one Sunday.
Easily move or shoulder the Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker thanks to side handles which are found on both sides of the unit. Don’t forget about those free shelves that come with purchase–you can use them as prep stations too!
- The smoker is easy to set up, once you have gone through the proper steps.
- Provides instructions on how to assemble the smoker, season it with a note congratulating you.
- The Smoke-it smoker has a great quality construction and is easy to use.
- This smoker allows you to easily cook meats and they come out tender and smoked.
- The Smokin-it Model #1 electric smoker is good for beginners who want to start smoking meats; it can hold 18 pounds of meat.
- Be sure to put the meat on the lower rack after cooking for 30 minutes.
- This electric smoker has high ratings compared to other models, but it is hard to clean.
Best Electric Smokers Buying Guide with Many Pro Tips
If you’re interested in smoking meats and fish, but don’t want to deal with the hassle of an open flame or the mess that often comes with it, then an electric smoker is for you.
These handy kitchen appliances offer a variety of models which cater to different budgets and needs.
Whether you’re looking for a basic model that will do everything from smoking meats and cheese to making jerky, or something more advanced like one with WiFi connectivity so you can monitor your food remotely while at work, we’ve got what you need!
Our buying guide has all the information about these products and their features. Read on below to learn more about picking your best electric smokers!
10 Factors To Consider Before Choosing An Electric Smoker
Size & capacity
One of the most important factors to consider when finding out best electric smokers is the size and capacity of your smoker.
If you want to smoke large cuts of meat, then look for a unit with sufficient cooking space. On the other hand, smaller units are ideal if you only plan on smoking small items, like cheese or fish. Another thing you might want to think about is where you’re going to place it when not in use.
If you have limited countertop space, then something compact would be best suited for your needs. On that note, another thing worth considering is whether or not it’s portable so you can take it with you when tailgating at BBQs or picnics.
Location & mobility
Not all best electric smokers are created equal, so before making a final decision it’s important to consider where you’ll be placing your unit.
If it’ll be in an outside or secluded area, then you won’t need to worry much about insulation or mobility. On the other hand, if your smoker is going to be sitting on your kitchen countertop, then look for one with outstanding thermal insulation so it doesn’t transfer too much heat into the room when in use.
Number of control settings
The number of control settings available varies between models; some have dials, others are digital and require you to input a numerical code in order adjust the temperature.
It’s generally best to opt for a model that has at least 4-5 different heat gradients so you can cook multiple things at the same time without needing to consult a temperature chart.
Digital models are much easier and convenient, but we suggest that if you’re shopping on a budget then opt for something with dials because they tend to last longer.
Offers remote access
If you want to take advantage of digital features on those best electric smokers like wireless connectivity and smartphone app integration in order to monitor your food remotely while at work or out and about, then it’s generally best practice to choose one with these abilities;
However, these units will cost more than simple analog models. If this is important to you but you don’t plan on using any advanced digital features like wireless monitoring, then it might be worth looking into more traditional models with built-in thermometers instead.
Thermal insulation & build quality
Outlined in the table below are some of the more common materials used to construct electric smokers. Each has their pros and cons, but if you want longer lasting appliances then stainless steel is your best bet.
It’s also worth mentioning that some units have better insulation than others. If you’re planning on cooking for an extended period of time, choose a model with good thermal conductivity so it doesn’t heat up your kitchen too much while in use.
The control panel entails all digital or dial-operated features including the temperature controls themselves, whether there’s a built-in meat probe, how many different heat gradients are available etc. All best electric smokers with digital models tend to be more expensive so keep this in mind when making your final decision.
As we mentioned earlier, take a look at what size and capacity you’re looking for before choosing an electric smoker; generally speaking the larger it is the more expensive it will be. If you plan on smoking small items like cheese or fish, then you don’t need to purchase a large unit.
Instead, opt for something compact with limited cooking space and/or one that’s designed to cook at extreme temperatures (like infrared).
Thermostat & automatic shutoff
When not in use, most smokers will automatically shift into a standby mode until they’re turned back on again by their user.
Some units also have thermostats so they run as little as possible without causing any damage to the food; this is especially important for anyone who wants to use their smoker often because it’ll help save money in the long-run.
Built-in meat probe
Meat probes are used to ensure that your food comes out perfectly cooked without needing you to constantly monitor its temperature manually. They’re also extremely useful if you plan on smoking eggs, fish or any other type of protein that’s particularly sensitive.
Having a built-in meat probe ensures that you won’t need to buy an additional unit or piece of equipment just to cook certain types of foods while barbecuing.
If you want remote access so you can monitor your food while at work or unable to stay home during long grilling sessions, then you’ll need to choose a model with wireless connectivity.
Keep in mind that best electric smokers with this feature will cost more as it involves additional components and parts, but if you’re serious about barbecuing then it’s an excellent feature that’s worth considering for sure.
Popular Best Electric Smokers Materials Construction
As mentioned earlier, there are a number of materials used to construct electric smokers. We’ve listed some of the most common below so you can have a better idea which is best suited for your needs:
Many models feature stainless steel exteriors which makes them look sleek and stylish while also being easy to clean and maintain after cooking with them over time.
They’re highly durable too, but tend to be more expensive than their plastic counterparts. Some units even have stainless steel racks which are even better for grilling since they won’t get too hot while barbecuing.
Generally speaking, plastic is a cheaper alternative to stainless steel and other materials used to construct electric smokers. It does scratch over time, but this can be fixed by adding a protective layer of paint or lacquer once it’s been cleaned.
Just make sure not choose one best electric smokers with a high-gloss finish as this will show up all kinds of fingerprints and smudges after use.
While not as common as the previously mentioned materials, some units have wooden exteriors that look great when paired together with matching cabinets or furniture in your home.
If you’re into DIY then you could go the extra mile and design your own wooden cabinets for storage and extra counter-space in your kitchen.
Stainless steel vs plastic: Which is better and why?
Both materials are durable enough to last for many years when used correctly, but stainless steel tends to be more expensive than plastic even though it doesn’t scratch as easily.
Some people really like having a stylish exterior that looks great alongside other appliances or cabinets in their home too, so the choice all comes down to personal preference in this case.
Plastic electric smokers can save you money which means they’re ideal if you only plan on barbecuing occasionally; whereas stainless steel models tend to cost more which makes them perfect for anyone who plans on using theirs often during cooking sessions and holidays with family and friends.
Electric Smokers Price Range
Electric smokers are definitely more affordable than traditional models which use propane or charcoal to cook food; however, there can be a large price range depending on the brand and features you want it to have.
Just remember that what’s listed below is just a rough guide since individual units may cost more or less than these figures; this is primarily because power output differs between models.
$ – You can find some decent electric smokers for under $100 online but they’ll usually lack many of the modern conveniences found in newer models such as stainless steel exteriors, meat probes and wireless connectivity. This means you’ll need to stay home during cooking sessions so you can keep an eye on your food.
$$ – Units in this price range are much better since they tend to have more features than their cheaper counterparts. It won’t just be the exterior that looks stylish either, but you’ll also get meat probes and built-in thermometers so you don’t need to worry about overcooking your food.
$$$ – When it comes to getting a high-end model, you can expect all of the bells and whistles including wireless connectivity, large cooking areas and double walls for insulation purposes.
Most best eletric smokers in this category cost around $300 or more (not including shipping) which is why we would only recommend them to serious barbecue enthusiasts who plan on using theirs regularly throughout the year.
6 Must-have Features You Should Keep An Eye Out For a Best Electric Smokers
There are several different features to look out for when buying a best electric smokers, with some being more important than others. In this section we’ll discuss the most common ones so you know what to keep an eye out for before making your purchase.
Wireless connectivity allows you to monitor cooking progress from afar using a free app that’s available on both iOS and Android devices regardless of whether they’re in the same room or not.
This feature is great if you want to leave home but still need to check in every hour or two without having to use a meat probe in order to estimate how much time is remaining until it’s finished cooking .
These handy gadgets let you monitor internal temperature without opening the door which can affect heat levels and cook times. This means you can adjust temperature from afar using the app if your food is almost ready to be served, without worrying about losing too much heat in the process.
If you want a smoker that looks as good as it cooks then choose one with an LED display that shows current temperature as well as how long is left before it switches to ‘keep warm’ mode.
Some models even have screens for displaying internal meat temperature too which makes monitoring cooking progress easier than ever before – just remember this isn’t a prerequisite so always look out for cheaper smokers first if you don’t plan on buying a top-of-the-line model anytime soon.
Most modern electric smokers use double insulation walls to keep heat inside the cooking chamber as opposed to older models that tend to let it seep out.
This reduces chances of overcooking because you don’t have to worry about adjusting temperature every now and then due to fluctuations, which is what you would need to do with a poorly insulated model.
Wood chip boxes
Invest in a model that has a simple yet effective wood chip box design so you can add more flavour without hassle – just check if it’s easy enough for adding chips without wasting too much time since this could affect how long it takes for food to be ready .
Some manufacturers sell smokers as part of an all-inclusive package including meat racks, water pans and cover among other things such as branded aprons, which you might as well take advantage of unless you already own similar barbecue tools lying around at home.
How much electricity should your electric smoker use?
Modern electric smokers tend to have a maximum Wattage of 1500W but there are also some that can go up to 1800W or more if performance is your top priority.
There’s a big chance the higher the power source the faster food will be ready so keep this in mind when choosing from cheaper models – although don’t forget to check if they have an adjustable thermostat too for fine-tuning cooking times.
The Difference Between a Pellet Smoker and an Electric Smoker
Let’s get something straight from the start: a pellet smoker and an electric smoker are NOT one and the same. In fact, there can be significant differences between them. Pellet smokers have a rather complicated relationship with some types of meat, especially poultry.
This is because the nature of how they cook means that food needs to be fried twice in order to properly cook it, which does not happen when you use an electric smoker.
An electric smoker also works differently than a pellet model because it uses refined wood chips instead of compressed sawdust or pellets made from different kinds of wood. This is why on this list we have only included models based on electricity as opposed to any kind of fuel .
Electric smokers are divided into three different kinds: electric water smokers, which do not require any kind of preparation or additional ingredients to give food that smoky flavor; electric hot smoke units, that add some extra heat to the process and therefore speed up cooking time by a lot
And finally cold smoke units, which do not use any real heat but only the lack thereof in order to give meat a unique taste. You can also go with propane smokers if you so choose, but we found no reason to include them on this list.
All of the above best electric smokers models have been tested for quality, performance and ease of use while smoking meats so your options will be presented objectively. We hope you enjoy our choices!
FAQs about finding & using Best Electric Smokers
Is an electric smoker worth it?
Yes, electric smokers are worth it. These devices are the best barbecue machines for people who are too busy to tend traditional wood or charcoal smokers all day long.
Best electric smokers will hold temperature and smoke your food while you do other things which is why they’re among the best options for propane grills.
Is an electric smoker right for me?
Before getting an electric smoker, there are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Do you want hassle-free smoking?
- Are you willing to sacrifice some of the smokiness that you’d get from using charcoal or gas to achieve your desired convenience level?
If yes, then go ahead and get one on the list of best electric smokers listed above.
Are Masterbuilt smokers good?
They are good for what they cost. They aren’t the fanciest smokers on earth, but if you want something that works well and is easy to use then the masterbuilt electric smoker will be a great fit for your needs.
What smoker holds temperature best?
All the smokers we’ve selected here work well at maintaining temperature and cooking delicious food, but too much fluctuation can occur for any of them. If you want a smoker that holds temperature extremely well and is extremely consistent, then go with either a pellet or electric model.
How do I smoke meat on an electric smoker?
Just load up your wood chips in the side loading racks, set your desired temperature on your digital display, throw in the meat you want to smoke, wait for it to be cooked, remove it from the smoker once done cooking, sprinkle some salt or pepper if you’d like ,and enjoy smoking meat!
Do you soak wood chips for Masterbuilt electric smoker?
It’s up to you. The amount of time wood chips will spend soaking is determined by the size of the chips, what you’re smoking, and how many racks are filled.
If your wood chips are dry before putting them in the smoker, don’t forget to soak them for 30 minutes minimum–longer if needed.
Which pellet is best for smoking meat?
Pellets vary in flavor so it’s important to try different ones until you find one that works best with your meat of choice. We recommend hickory for beef, maple for pork, apple for fish, and mesquite for chicken & turkey.
These are just some general suggestions however–there’s no wrong answer when it comes to picking the perfect flavor!
How thick should the steel be for a smoker?
This depends on personal preference. Thicker steel holds heat better, but thicker metal also takes longer to cool down after firing it up.
How hot should an electric smoker get?
It depends on the smoker of course, but generally speaking smokers will get anywhere between 150-200 degrees Fahrenheit hot. That’s more than enough heat to cook most meats, so it won’t take long for you to get dinner done!
Which is better pellet or electric?
They both have their ups and downs, which is why it’s best to decide what works best with your lifestyle.
Pellet smokers are great because they require little monitoring while also producing great flavor–however they’re not nearly as convenient in some cases when compared to electric smokers.
Electric models tend to be less cumbersome in some ways; however they may fluctuate more in temperature, meaning it takes a lot of trial and error before finding that perfect sweet spot with your desired meat.
Do you put meat directly on rack in electric smoker?
Most of the time, it’s best to place meat on a cooking tray or skewer so there is less risk for meat juices to drip onto the heating element and cause flare ups . However you can put some pieces directly on the metal racks if you wish.
Smokers are definitely not as popular as they used to be since more people prefer modernized grills now. But if you’re still in love with smoking meat, then you need an electric smoker that will do everything possible to make your life easier while also making delicious smoked food!
Final Verdict on Picking Best Electric Smokers
Electric smokers are easy to use and maintain, but they can be expensive. They also take up a lot of counter space in your kitchen or backyard area.
If you’re looking for a best electric smokers that is economical as well as compact, we recommend the Masterbuilt Classic 7-in-1 Digital Smoker with Window.
This model has all the features and functions necessary to make smoking meats and fish possible on any budget!
It’s perfect for those who want convenience without sacrificing quality. Which electric smoker do you think will best fit your needs?
We hope this list helps you in the decision-making process for purchasing your next electric smoker.
Whether it is a large or small purchase, we want to make sure that you have all of the information necessary to find the best electric smokers for your needs.
There are many benefits and drawbacks listed here so take time when reading through them before making any decisions on how much money to spend!
Make sure you also scroll down below our table if there’s something specific about an individual brand that catches your eye.
Lastly, please feel free (and welcome!) to get in touch with us any time if you need more help deciding what kind of smoker will work best for you!
Read also: Top 11 Best Raclette Grills