The summer is almost here and now’s the time to start thinking about your backyard cookouts. But before you buy a propane grill, make sure you know what features are important for your needs. Many people don’t realize that there are many different types of grills out there and it is important to find one that fits into your lifestyle and needs perfectly.
This blog post will cover some of the top options under $1000 as well as tips on how best to use them. Let’s get started!
Top 8 Best Propane Grill Under $1000 (Latest Update Summer Season 2021)
The following section will discuss the features and specifications of the best propane grills under $1000 available in 2021 which are meant to make your decision making easy.
#1 – Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 – Best Overall, Excellent Product & Highly Recommended by Editor
The Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill, Black is a versatile and durable grill that’s perfect for just about any backyard setting.
With cast iron cooking grates for an even distribution of heat, plus stainless steel heat deflectors which allow you to sear the food more slowly by drawing some of the direct flame away from it, your next barbecue party will be turning out delicious without breaking through your wallet!
This gas grill features a fold down left side table and open construction allowing easy access to all corners so no one has their toes in tongs or fingers in flare ups. Includes instant read built-in lid thermometer too complete this well made multipurpose applianc ee.
The Weber model is a versatile grill that can be used for barbecuing, grilling, and frying. With it’s porcelain-enameled cooking grates and 24″ open cart design, you’ll have plenty of space to cook your food just the way you want it! This high-performance outdoor cooker features a fuel gauge so you know how much gas is left at a glance.
Fuel gauge tells how much propane tank has left while Porcelain-Enameled cooking surfaces heat up evenly to searing temperatures.
Porcelain-enameled flavorizer bars add moisture and flavor to your food with every use.
- This product has 4 different colors to choose from are: black, blue, red and silver.
- The GS4 Grilling System is an innovative grilling system that promises to deliver a satisfying backyard experience.
- The Infinity Ignition will light a grill every time, with a 10-year warranty.
- The cooking grates come in a variety of shapes and sizes, giving you more options for your cooking.
- The open cart design has grilling tools on top of it, allowing more space for food.
- The Folding Side Table is a foldable side table that can easily be flipped down when needed.
- Side tables with hooks for tools and ingredients.
- This grill has a perfect amount of flame and it’s easy to clean.
- Cooks food evenly and has a great design.
- This grill was assembled by a professional and came with excellent service.
- The burners of this grill are very powerful, allowing for a great cooking experience.
- The refillable gas can is easy to access and the grill will let you know when it needs more fuel.
There’s a screw in the inside of the frame that is a little big that makes it hard to fit into the hole.
#2 – Char-Broil 463377319 – Runner Up & Best Customer-rated
This stylishly designed, durable, and reliable gas grill is a must-have for any outdoor enthusiast. The Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill allows you to effortlessly cook up a storm from your backyard grill whilst on the go with its handy wheels for easy transportation.
With porcelain-coated cast-iron grates that are rust-resistant and made to last, you can be assured of a long-lasting investment that is inferno ready in just minutes!
The reliable electric ignition means there’s never going to be any sparks at night time either. If just starting out, here is all your barbecue needs – save time cooking tonight with this beast of a machine!
We’re sure your family will save a lot of time and energy with this Char-Broil model. This propane gas grill has a power source of liquid petroleum gas and cannot be lit without an LP tank.
The stainless steel finish will increase the style and durability to last you years after deciding to cook outside all year long. 10, 000 BTU side burner for those times when your main grill just won’t do the job, this powerful stovetop is perfect for hot dogs or side dishes.
Stainless steel burners are another helpful tool in cooking as they emit flame from the top to distribute heat evenly around your food so now there’s one less thing to worry about! Porcelain coated cast-iron grates will make every meal taste better than the first.
This grill is mostly used for outdoor cooking and can be stored away easily in small places without any hassle. This product has 4 different colors to choose from are: black, blue, orange and silver.
Pros The Char Broil 463377319 is one of the best propane grills under $1k with it’s high durability and great cooking performance. It has enough space on its grilling surface for a large family or a small party too. It uses clean burning stainless steel burners which make it easier to cook healthier food!
Bottom line: If you want a good quality gas grill with decent features – this one might be your pick!
- The 150 sq. in. Swing-Away Warming Rack provides a secondary cooking area for sides or toasting buns
- The lidded side burner is a very useful kitchen appliance that can be used to cook things while grilling.
- The electronic ignition system offers fast and reliable startups with the push of a button.
- The Stainless Steel Side Shelves are durable and offer ample work and prep space.
- A lid-mounted temperature gauge helps with controlling the heat of a grill.
- This grill has two wheels to move it easily, and a removable pan for easy cleanup.
- Super easy to assemble and cooks great
- A good quality grill that cooks evenly and is easy to maintain.
- Great grill for the money!
- A Char-Broil grill is less expensive than others but it’s still good quality.
- The product was delivered in a timely manner and all pieces were intact.
- Instructions could be improved with specific descriptions and detailed pictures.
- The construction of the grill is not very good.
#3 – MASTER COOK 3 Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill – Best budget option
The Mastercook 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill is an impressive BBQ appliance for any outdoor space. This model offer their customers two foldable tables and two heavy duty wheel casters for convenient storage and movement.
With this grill, you can cook more than one dish at once without straining your resources! The stainless steel control panel with chromium plating ensures that this grill will last a while, while the porcelain-enamel wire cooking grates provides functionality in preparation of delicious food.
This masterpiece measures 46in x 20in x 41in when assembled; it takes up 29.5 inches of length when folding – perfect for tight spaces like courtyards or basements!
This one has a stainless steel control panel with chromium plating and a built-in thermometer to constantly measure internal temperature for consistently delicious food.
It features material that is resistant to dirt and rust, easy end-to-end access from the front door to the cooking area, and stores easily thanks its two heavy duty wheel casters. This versatile propane gas grill perfect for cooking everything from simple sandwiches to tasty steak!
- This propane gas grill has a high-quality control panel that is durable and easy to clean.
- The propane gas grill’s cart design enables the user to carry all necessary items at one time before cooking.
- It can be moved anywhere on your patio, as it has large wheels.
- The two shelves on the sides of this grill can be folded down to make it smaller for storage.
- The accurate built-in thermometer on the cover of a propane gas grill is helpful when roasting chicken and turkey.
- Compact, lightweight, rolls nicely
- 3 burner, gets hot quickly
- Perfect for family parties and saves space.
- Easy to move and folds up when not in use.
- The design and function of the grill is standard.
- Easy to assemble with a clear instruction
- The quality is good, the food is delicious
- Thin sheet metal with a front-facing grill that cannot be removed or cleaned, and has a design flaw when folding down the side shelf.
- This is a lightweight grill that feels flimsy, but it does the trick for smaller families.
#4 – Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable – Best Portable Propane Grill
If you frequently find yourself traveling for work, this is the grill for you. Lightweight and durable, it provides you with a cooking space so large that up to fifteen burgers can be cooked at once. With its high-impact frame and legs, it can withstand being in your trunk or strapped to top of your car while set on auto-ignite mode, without ever needing an extra match or lighter fluid. The preheated lid locks into place quickly and presses down onto food slowly while adding additional heat from radiation which gives way to flavorful meats every time! It also includes a temperature gauge that ranges between 150°F and 500°F (65°C – 260°C), perfect for low grilling like Indian cuisine where you want more heat but not enough to cook too quickly.
The Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 is an accessible, high-performing option that has years of grilling behind it; the exceptional heating element provides users with flavor that other grills cannot match.
- The Infrared heat helps prevent hot and cold spots on the grill’s cooking surface and facilitates faster cooking with the use of less gas.
- TRU-Infrared grills are designed to create even heat distribution and eliminate flare ups for juicier more flavorful food.
- The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared cooking system delivers a better heat across the cooking grate.
- This grill has a large enough cooking space for 8 burgers at once
- This is a grill for on-the-go cooking; it’s great for tailgating, camping, picnics and cookouts.
- The Char-Broil x200 portable gas grill has a cast aluminum firebox and lid, stainless steel latches
- Still works so stable after 25 years
- Can be used to turn the grill into a low temperature cooker by regulating the flow of propane
- Ease and portability
- The grill is small and light, but big enough to cook for 3-6 people.
- This grill is perfect for searing and cooking steak.
- To make grilling better, you need to burn off the carcinogens on the grill first.
- The grill was too hot and it couldn’t be controlled with a regulator.
#5 – Char-Broil 463655621 Performance – Perfect Option For Small Patio
The Char-Broil 463655621 Performance TRU-Infrared 2-Burner Cabinet Style Liquid Prop is Sizzle HQ’s top pick for any serious griller where flare ups are a major concern.
We love its easy to clean porcelain coated, rust resistant steel grates with 310 square inches of cooking space on the primary grate surface area and 95 square inches of warming rack that can be used for secondary or even third option cooking.
With single door cabinet design there’s plenty of easily accessible storage space in addition to its electronic ignition which makes lighting up your lazy propane tank at the push of button not only easy but reliable too!
This Char-Broil model features a professional stainless steel construction and porcelain coated grease pan that can be removed for easy cleaning. Simplified design with standardized hardware for quick and easy assembly.
It also includes a custom cleaning tool with SAFER red nylon bristles, four heavy duty casters (2 of which lock), and sits at assembled dimensions. Powered by propane, gas, this grill offers long lasting performance as the flame from the top offer even heat without hot or cold spots to ensure delicious food every time you cook outside!
- TRU-Infrared technology creates a barrier between the food and the flames so that there are no flare-ups.
- Cooking system helps prevent hot and cold spots on the grill’s cooking surface
- The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared cooking system has a top-ported stainless steel burner that delivers high heat or low temperatures evenly across the grate.
- Cooking area of 310 sq. in., and 16 burgers can be cooked at once on the large grates
- The electronic ignition system is powered by one AAA battery and offers fast and reliable burner lighting with the push of a button.
- The two side shelves offer more work and prep space for the user.
- It is easy to assemble and works great.
- This grill is perfect for our patio, the fold down sides are fantastic for storing.
- This grill is fast shipping, easy to assemble and has good materials.
- This grill is perfect for cooking quick dinner meals on the patio that stores nicely.
- The CharBroil 4-burner gas grill offers convenience with its compact design and easy use.
- The assembly is supposed to be straightforward but the text lacked detailed written instructions.
- The plates themselves should be easier to clean.
#6 – Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 – Best Value For Money
The Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill, Black is designed to cook like a pro. Boasting the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, cast iron cooking grates and grease Management system. There’s 529 square inches of cooking space over three burners; left table down width – 42 inches and 30,000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge make it perfect for any aspiring chef who wants to get creative in the kitchen…. And once you’ve finished creating that signature dish from your culinary masterpiece list, just unleash its flavors with open cart design that includes six tool hooks and two large wheels – complete with a built in lid thermometer!
- Porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates can be reversed to make different sizes and styles of grill marks.
- The open-cart design of a grill provides more access to tools.
- Easily fold down the left side table of the grill whenever you want to save space and need extra room to work with.
- The side tables have hooks for grilling tools and platters.
- A warming rack keeps the food warm before cooking it.
- The 4 Color Options are black, blue, white and orange.
- The grill is easy to assemble and use
- This Weber grill is the best value in grills.
- Weber grills are durable and have great customer service
- Lightweight and heats up quickly.
- The Weber Grill is better because it holds heat well, cooks food properly, and makes food taste better.
- The reversible plates are a little awkward at first.
- The grill does heat up fast, but the paint on the grill bars is not very good.
#7 – Huntington 24025 Liquid Propane Gas Grill – Great Grill For The Money
The Huntington 24025 Liquid Propane Gas Grill is a new two burner propane gas grill that features a durable construction with innovative thermal insulation. With Porcelain coated wire cooking grids and stainless steel cooking system, you will get even heat distribution.
The Sure-Lite push button ignition system and Accu-Flow burner valves provide even more convenience while the Heat resistant front mounted handle make clean up easy.
This grill also offers plenty of storage space on its weather resistant shelves for your grilling essentials and porcelain coated wire cooking grids in case you want to cook something else in the oven at the same time!
It is a start to finish solution for your outdoor kitchen needs. Choose from a wide range of grills and ovens designed to take the stress out of cooking any meal.
They make sure that our products are “EZ-Q-Cart” to assemble, easy to maintain, and use friendly for all ages and skill sets. It has been made by professionals who understand just how important it is to balance function with form, as well as an eye on longevity and sustainability.
The solid workmanship they apply ensures years of dependable service should you choose Huntington 24025 Liquid Propane Gas Grill set.
– Durable and dependable
– High quality materials
– Proud of your grill
– Unequaled performance.
– Grill that will last for years to come, so you don’t have to worry about your investment in the future.
- This grill was easy to assemble and cooked delicious steaks.
- A large grill with side burners is more expensive, so this less expensive model might be a better option.
- A grill surface size is perfect for a small family and has dual burners to cook with either direct or indirect heat.
The instructions is lacking and the assembly process difficult.
#8 – Cuisinart CGG-7400 Propane – Best Ease Of Usage
Cuisinart’s 4 burner gas grill provides a large 443 square inch cooking space with an extra 167 square inch warming rack. The cast iron grates help to retain heat allowing for quicker cooking times. For storing your food, the stainless steel door and control panel provide ample counter space while still keeping everything neat and tidy. This grill also comes equipped with two 18” x 13″ side tables which are well-suited for holding various utensils like platters or cutting boards, as well as three durable metal-reinforced shelves which offer plenty of storage space! Sweep away unwanted grease drippings with efficiency thanks to the drip tray that is included in this package. Another convenient feature found on this Cuisinart product is that it includes a built in thermometer, allowing you to monitor the internal temperature of your meat without having to constantly open and close the grill.
This is a perfect grilling solution for those looking for an all-inclusive package which simplifies outdoor cooking while making it more convenient! So what are you waiting for? Give our Cuisinart 4 burner gas grill a try today and experience everything that we have to offer.
- The generous cast iron cooking grate retains heat longer and radiates it more evenly than a wire grate, making this large backyard staple perfect to cook up all of life’s big moments!
- The warming rack keeps food warm so it doesn’t get cold while other foods finish cooking.
- The Cuisinart Four-Burner Gas Grill is made of stainless steel so it won’t rust.
- The enameled steel grill supports the perfect height for grilling that will provide you all day long delicious food!
- Two side prep tables that make it easier to cook and move food.
- Easy to assemble and cooks evenly.
- Great value for the quality of components, assembly instructions, and construction.
- This gas stove is good for outdoor use.
- It’s hard to light some burners, but at this price you can’t expect much more.
- Small number of casters and some burners are a bit tricky to light.
Buying guide – How to choose the best propane grill under $1000?
Choosing the best propane grill under $1000 isn’t easy. There are so many different brands and models to choose from, but there’s no need for concern! We will help you find the perfect one.
We’ll be looking at all of your favorite features, like BTUs, grilling space, ease-of-use, etc., so that you can pick the perfect one for your needs!
Ready? Let’s get started…
1. Know your budget and what features you want
The first thing you need to do is know your budget and list the features that are most important to you.
For example, if you’re on a really tight budget but still want something that will let you BBQ just like the big boys then things like BTU’s, side shelves, smoker box, etc., might not be as important to you as they would be if you’re shopping for a grill that costs $1000 or more.
2. Check the size of the grill to fit in your backyard, patio, or deck
Then you’ll want to check the size of the grill and make sure that it will fit in your backyard, patio, or deck. For example, if you’re wanting a large gas grill for parties and BBQs with family then something like the Weber Spirit E-310 is perfect for those who have a lot of people to feed.
3. Consider how often you will use it and plan for future use
The last thing to consider is how often you’re going to be using the grill and if there’s anything you should do now to prepare for that. For example, we always recommend getting a cover to protect your grill from the elements and keep it lasting longer! Read on
4. Look for a grill with an easy-to-clean design that is also durable enough to withstand high temperatures
The next thing to consider is the design of the grill and how easy it will be to clean. For example, you don’t want something that will take a ton of time to clean if you plan on using it often! Luckily, many brands have added features like side burners or smoker boxes where drippings can fall, making cleanup a breeze!
What Features To Look For in a Propane Grill Under $1000
Size of the Grill – You can get a large grill or small grill; it is basically your call on what type of preferred size you want. However, make sure that whatever grill you choose has enough space to accommodate all your cooking utensils and dishes easily.
Temperature Control Panel – A good propane grill should have temperature control for grilling at different levels.
Electronic Ignition – It is a good feature that comes in handy when you want to start the grill right feature to have in a grill because it ensures that the propane is ignited instantly when you turn on the gas supply. This means that there won’t be any delay in cooking and you can get started right away.
Fuel Gauge – The fuel gauge makes the difference between not starting the grill and starting it. It is a useful feature as it tells you how much gas remains in the tank and this helps to keep your food ready on time as well as ensuring that you do not run out of gas while cooking.
Material – The material of the grill is important as this determines how durable it is going to be and also how easy it will be to clean. It’s a good idea to see if the grill grates are removable or not because you will need a simple cleaning solution to take care of rust at times.
Cooking Grates – The cooking grates are very important because they are the ones that determine how much heat is transferred to your food. A good quality grill will ensure that there is even distribution of heat across the grilling area.
Lid – The lid has to be able to withstand high temperatures, so choose a propane grill where you can lock it and store the heat inside.
Warranty – A good warranty policy is essential as it ensures that the customer satisfaction with this product is guaranteed. The best grill manufacturers offer 1 or 2 year warranties at least for their grills to give you peace of mind when you buy the grill online.
Types Of Cooking Grates
Before buying a propane BBQ, one should know there are 4 different types of cooking grates which give different flavors to the food.
Cast iron grates – These grates are best suited for people who like their food grilled and char-grilled evenly on both sides.
Stainless steel grating – This option is good for people who love smoked flavored food as it transfers the taste better with this grate than with the cast-iron grate.
Titanium grating – This grate is for people who like their food grilled in short time. It will be good for searing at high temperatures and can quickly seal in the flavors of meat, seafoods etc.
Ceramic grilling surfaces – These grates are good when you want to make healthier food with less amount of oil. However, they are pricier than the other grates. But their results make them worth spending on too.
Are Weber grills really that much better?
Weber grills are known for being high quality products which deliver great results. They are quite popular among American customers who swear by their grill’s performance. If you want the best gas grill under $1000, then Weber has to be your first choice!
How long should I wait before buying a replacement part?
If there is any warranty that comes with your grill then you should directly call the manufacturer to get the replacement part. If there is no warranty, then you can also buy spare parts for grills online.
Which is better Weber or Ziegler?
Both the companies are known for making high quality grills so you can’t go wrong with either of them. Try reading customers’ reviews on websites to choose the best one among them!
What is the difference between a budget friendly grill and an expensive grill?
The main difference is in terms of durability, heating efficiency, ease of use etc
Are Weber grills made in China?
Yes there are many Chinese made Weber grills that you will find for sale on Amazon and other sites. So if you want the best gas grill under $1000, then we recommend buying a grill from China.
What accessories do I need to buy along with my new grill?
You should check whether your new grill comes complete with all the accessories before buying it. If not, then you should make a list of accessories that you will need and buy them alongside your new grill.
How much should I spend on a gas grill?
The price range for propane grills is $130-$1500. You can buy cheap gas grills online or get one at your local retail store.
Which brand of grill gives the best value for money?
We think that both Weber and Char-Broil are good brands so you can choose either of them if you want to buy the best propane grill under $1000.
What should I look for in a propane BBQ?
Check for the weight of different parts, heating efficiency and even distribution of heat, lid locking system etc to choose the best grill.
Are expensive grills worth it?
This question can only be answered by you! You will have to see how often you use your grill and then decide on the budget. If you want to use it frequently, then we suggest buying a high-quality grill which is worth every penny spent on them. Choose wisely and get the best gas grill under $1000.
This concludes our review of the top 8 best propane grills under $1000. We hope you’ve found this guide helpful and informative in your search for a new grill to add to your backyard barbecue lineup!
If you still haven’t decided on which model is best value, we recommend going with Weber Spirit II E-310 . It has all the features that make it easy to cook up delicious food while also being more economical than other models on the market.
To help you narrow down your decision even further, we also provided some tips above from expert reviews about what makes a good gas grill purchase. Conducting thorough research will really help you choose the best grill as there are many different kinds of grills available these days. Happy grilling!